“Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve…You only need a heart full of Grace. A soul generated by love.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
At Parramatta Mission, we are deeply grateful for all volunteers, whose kindness and commitment have made possible our goal to visit Grace upon our community through our services. For that reason, we want to provide a positive experience to all volunteers who put up their hands and choose to work with us.
How can I volunteer?
We have a wide variety of volunteering opportunities within Parramatta Mission which are ever-changing. To find out more, please click here.
When you are ready, you can volunteer as an individual or with a group of your friends and colleagues. For a confidential discussion about your interests, please phone (02) 9891 2277 or email email@example.com.
To start your journey with us, there are only four steps.
Step 1 Register and complete the New Volunteer Application Form HERE.
Step 2 Schedule an Interview with us.
Step 3 Obtain background checks as instructed after your interview. You may be asked to apply for a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and/or a National Police Check.
Step 4 Attend the Induction Training Session for your intended role.
Then you will be ready to commence your first shift!
Sponsoring or “hosting” an once-off lunch event for over 150 clients at our Meals Plus service is an ideal opportunity for a group of up to 12 people, that can be readily integrated into any corporate or group volunteering support program, with the following benefits and more:
- It is a strong team building and bonding experience that also provide for people in need.
- High impact and social visibility due to the central location and established client-base.
- Employees receive professional and personal development while improving their own community.
- Reflect strong organisation values and commitments to social responsibility and inclusion.
- An unmatched frontline experience to interact and support marginalised groups around Parramatta.
A typical group volunteering day will look like this:
- 9:00 am Welcome and induction for the day
- 9.30 am Begin meals preparation at assigned stations
- 11.30 am Serve lunches and assist in delivery of services as a group
- 1:00 pm Pack up and clean up
- 1.15 pm Debriefing and farewell
As Meals Plus is an unfunded service, there is a cost for volunteering groups to cover the cost of the day and to contribute to the running costs of Meals Plus. To find out more about our Meals Plus program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your group size and preferred date, and we will reach out to you for a discussion and develop a proposal to suit your needs.
School Education Programs
Our School Education Program provides an exclusive opportunity for students to gain a deeper understanding into one of the most vital services at Parramatta Mission, Meals Plus. This will help students gain insight into issues facing people living around the streets of Greater Western Sydney and the way in which Parramatta Mission provides essential support within the community.
The School Education Program can be divided into two session, with a fee of $25 per student GST included
- An introduction to Parramatta Mission and its program (Meals Plus) by the coordinator (Paul)
- A discussion on mental health, homelessness and addiction
- A tour given by Paul around Meals Plus and learn further how Meals Plus supports people
- Our Senior Minister or General Manager to further discuss the work of Parramatta Mission’s wide services throughout Greater Western Sydney and the connection to the Church.
For further information or to book your place, please email email@example.com
IF I NEED MORE INFORMATION?
If you want to know more before making a decision about volunteering or if your circumstances are unique, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get back to you!