Wesley Apartments provides accommodation and support for the families of sick children at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead.
Wesley Apartments comprises six, fully furnished two bedroom apartments. The apartments provide a home-away-from-home to families facing a serious crisis. This allows families of children in intensive care to be at the bedside of their child whenever required.
Families travel from all over Australia and surrounding islands in search of treatment at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead. Wesley Apartments also works with the CAFAT organisation, in providing accommodation for families from New Caledonia travelling to Australia for cancer treatment. It provides a home for approximately six families each year through this program.
Unfortunately, the demand for our services usually exceeds our capacity. Wesley Apartments does not receive any government support or assistance, we rely primarily on donors. Our aim is to raise sufficient funds to increase the number of units and offer supportive accommodation for more families in need. You can help. Click here to make a convenient online donation to Wesley Apartments.
Wesley Apartments Features
· Sleeps up to six people
· Two bedrooms – queen, two singles and pull out sofa bed
· Modern, fully equipped kitchen
· Large private bathrooms with bath
· Private internal laundry with washer and dryer
· Complimentary wireless internet access
· Private car space
· Flat screen televisions.
Facts & Figures
· Wesley Apartments was opened in February 2010
· Accommodation and support has been provided for over 90 families
· Families stay anywhere between two weeks and 13 months
Contact Information & Referral
Apartments Supervisor: Belinda Morgan
Phone: 02 9891 2277
Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30am -12.30pm