* Page will be updated as we receive information, please check this regularly for updates *
COVID-19 Volunteer Information
The health, psychological safety and emotional well-being of our Volunteers is a key priority to Parramatta Mission. In response to COVID-19, we have implemented changes within regular volunteer programs and essential services to help mitigate risks, however we also acknowledge the likelihood of more changes being announced in the future.
We have asked all Volunteers who are in a high-risk category or who live with someone that could be at risk to stay home and self-isolate.
All Corporate, School Group and Community Volunteering activities have been postponed until further notice.
We understand that many in our community are experiencing feelings of increased anxiety and distress. While it’s reasonable to be concerned, there are simple and effective steps you can take to help take care of yourself, and the people around you. Please explore the links below which help provide ideas, tips and strategies to look after yourself and each other during this time.
Latest News – https://www.health.gov.au/
COVID-19 What you need to know – https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-what-you-need-to-know_6.pdf
If you are in crisis and need to speak to someone, please call Lifeline 13 11 14. As always, if you are in any immediate danger, please call 000 for assistance.
Before Volunteering, please read the below questions:
- Do you currently have a cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath?
- Have you been overseas in the past 14 days or had close or casual contact with a person who has been overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close or casual contact with a person with a confirmed case of coronavirus in the 14 days before your scheduled appointment?
- Have you or a family member been in contact with any young person or staff from a school, university of organisation that has been subject to a shutdown?
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, please:
– Self isolate – do not attend your Volunteering work.
– Seek medical attention as soon as possible if fever or respiratory illness (even if mild) occur. Call the health direct helpline 1800 022 222 for advice or call ahead before seeing your GP or local Emergency Department.