Parramatta Mission Counselling Services is funded by the Office of Responsible Gambling to deliver counselling services in five locations in Western Sydney, South Western Sydney, Northern Sydney and the Central Coast regions.
Gambling Help NSW provides a range of counselling and support services. In addition to gambling counselling, support services include financial counselling, legal support, CALD and Aboriginal-specific support and women’s counselling.
To find a counselling service near you in NSW, visit the interactive map on the Gambling Help NSW website or call 1800 858 858.
Gambling Help NSW is:
- Free and confidential
- Available face-to-face, via telephone or videoconference
- Available in over 40 languages
- A source of useful information and strategies to reduce or stop gambling or assist your loved one
- Able to support you through the counselling process and self-exclusion from gambling venues
- For support in your preferred language, you can contact the Multicultural Problem Gambling Service on 1800 856 800 or visit the Gambling Help NSW website for a list of culturally specific gambling counselling providers.
Aboriginal people can access free advice and help on 1800 752 948. Support is also available from Warruwi Gambling Help and Aboriginal counsellors. For more information visit the Warruwi Gambling Help page.
Sydney Women’s Counselling Centre provides a gambling help counselling program for women. Call (02) 9718 1955 to find out more and make an appointment.
Legal help is also available to anyone who has a legal issue as a result of gambling. The NSW legal help team can provide free legal advice for gambling related matters or can take on your case. You can make an appointment for a phone or face-to-face consultation by contacting Wesley Community Legal Service by phone on 0429 552 733 or email at Legalhelp@wesleymission.org.au.
Gambling Help services are funded by the Responsible Gambling Fund on behalf of the NSW Government.