Participants are funded through their individual plans to access services and supports that are considered reasonable and necessary to help achieve their goals. These supports fall into 15 categories aligned with their purpose. These are:
- Assistance with Daily Life.
- Assistance with Social & Community Participation.
- Assistive Technology.
- Home Modifications.
- Coordination of Supports.
- Improved Living Arrangements.
- Increased Social and Community.
- Finding and Keeping a Job.
- Improved Relationships.
- Improved Health and Wellbeing.
- Improved Learning.
- Improved Life Choices.
- Improved Daily Living.
Each support category includes many supports and services which are included in the NDIS price guide and referred to as ‘line items.’ Providers make payment requests against the support ‘line items’ that best fit the supports and services they have provided.
A comprehensive listing of support line items is kept up to date on the NDIS website – https://www.ndis.gov.au/providers/price-guides-and-information