YESS is a mental health outreach service for 12 – 25 year-olds who have, or are at risk of developing, a serious mental illness. We provide a service to the “missing middle” – young people who require a more intensive service than headspace Primary Care is funded to provide, but who do not meet NSW state mental health service’s criteria.
YESS is an early intervention program that provides a wrap-around mental health service within a recovery-oriented, strengths-based framework. Specifically, the program provides:
- Risk assessment, risk management, and safety planning
- Mental health treatment
- Family and carer support services
- Non-clinical wrap around services
- Continual engagement with the young person’s GP
Referrals can be made by:
- Young people themselves
- Their family or friend (with the young person’s agreement)
- School Counsellors
- Service providers
- YESS Nepean Blue Mountains services young people residing in Penrith, the Hawkesbury, and the Blue Mountains regions
- YESS Western Sydney assists young people residing in the Blacktown, Cumberland, Parramatta and the Hills Shire LGA
- YESS Northern Sydney (formerly known as Karrikin Youth Mental Health Service) supports young people in the Northern Sydney LGAs.
- YESS South West Sydney assists young people residing within seven LGAs – Bankstown-Canterbury, Liverpool, Fairfield, Campbelltown, Camden, Wollondilly and Wingecarribee.
The YESS service is supported through funding from local PHN’s as a part of the Australian Government’s PHN Program.
|Mon||9am - 5pm|
|Tue||9am - 5pm|
|Wed||9am - 5pm|
|Thu||9am - 5pm|
|Fri||9am - 5pm|