The Family and Carers Mental Health Program has been funded since July 2006 by NSW Health. The delivery of this program is across four regions: Western Sydney and Nepean Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Northern Sydney .
The aims of the program are;
- To improve family and carer coping
- To increase carers knowledge of mental illness
- To enhance carers wellbeing, resilience and relationships
- To assist carers in finding services to meet their needs and circumstances
- To provide individual emotional support to carers
Family and Carers Mental Health Program provide three types of support:
- Community based education and training programs to families and carers of those with a mental illness.
With an aim to build resilience and improve the ability to cope with the changes of someone with mental illness. Focusing on carer strengths, increasing information and skills and opportunities to share experiences and build networks.
Courses provided: Values, Mental Health First Aid, Supporting Recovery, Communication for Carers, Seasons for Growth, Managing Stress & Increasing Resilience, Holding onto Hope, 8 Stages of Healing, SMILES, Substance Use & Mental Illness, Emotional Intelligence.
- Individual support and advocacy services.
Providing individual support with a focus on emotional support, information and referral pathway’s and individual advocacy.
- Planning and infrastructure support for Mental Health Carer Support Groups.
Planning and infrastructure of support groups, including facilitation, guest speakers on targeted topics to increase knowledge and support for carer networks and reduce isolation.
|Mon||9am - 5pm|
|Tue||9am - 5pm|
|Wed||9am - 5pm|
|Thu||9am - 5pm|
|Fri||9am - 5pm|
Suite 4, 197 Prospect Highway Seven Hills
Level 1, 606 High Street Penrith
6/3 Koala Cres West Gosford
47 Hercules Street Chatswood