The Family and Carers Mental Health Program has been funded since July 2006 by NSW Health.
The aims of the program are;
- To improve family and carer coping
- To increase carers knowledge of mental illness
- To enhance carers wellbeing, resilience and relationships
- To assist carers in finding services to meet their needs and circumstances
- To provide individual emotional support to carers
Family and Carers Mental Health Program provide three types of support:
- Community based education and training programs to families and carers of those with a mental illness.
With an aim to build resilience and improve the ability to cope with the changes of someone with mental illness. Focusing on carer strengths, increasing information and skills and opportunities to share experiences and build networks.
Courses provided: Navigating the Public Mental Health System, Supporting Recovery, Communication for Carers, Managing Stress & Increasing Resilience, Living Mindfully, Substance Use & Mental Illness, Mental Health First Aid and Accidental Counsellor.
- Individual support and advocacy services.
Providing individual support with a focus on emotional support, information and referral pathway’s and individual advocacy.
- Planning and infrastructure support for Mental Health Carer Support Groups.
Planning and infrastructure of support groups, including facilitation, guest speakers on targeted topics to increase knowledge and support for carer networks and reduce isolation.
- Carers need to be registered with the Family and Carer Mental Health Program to access support.
|Mon||8am - 8pm|
|Tue||8am - 8pm|
|Wed||8am - 8pm|
|Thu||8am - 8pm|
|Fri||8am - 8pm|
Download our January Newsletter HERE
MONTHLY SUPPORT GROUPS
Ryde Support Group – 1st Monday of the month
Ryde Community Mental Health Centre
39-41 Fourth Ave, Eastwood
Chatswood Support Group (Evenings only) – 2nd Thursday of the month
47 Hercules Street, Chatswood
6pm – 8.30pm
Brookvale Support Group – 3rd Friday of the month
Brookvale Community Centre
12pm – 2pm
Wahroonga Support Group – 4th Tuesday Evening of the month
House in the Park, Wahroonga
6pm – 8:30pm